Thursday 26 February 2009

Heston Blumenthal

Here is Caroline and I with the man himself. Like utter groupies, we went armed with our Big Fat Duck Cookbooks and asked him to sign them. He did and was very gracious and very down to earth. Not at all pretentious and I am finding that with the more chefs I meet , my pre-conceptions of them are being blown out of the water. I think that some of the best I have met have the most patience and understanding so there is no need to be arrogant w*nkers! In fact, the ones with the least talent usually have the biggest chip on their shoulder.

So my year has been made and the only thing to top it off would be to eat at the Fat Duck itself. For now, I am steadily reading my book with awe and enjoying the beautiful pictures and artwork; even if it doesn't fit on the bedside table it is the best present and book I have ever received, so thanks Heston and thanks to my husband for buying it for me x

No comments: