Thursday 1 January 2009

Good-bye 2008, Hello 2009!

Upon the approach of a New Year, I usually become reflective but this year I decided to think about the future. Globally, 2008 was a pretty appalling year for most so I am sure there are many glad to see the back of it. Personally it was quite a good year, which would surprise those that know me probably, seeing as my husband is currently located in a very undesirable place and has been for the last quarter of the year. I think that very reason has made 2008 the year where I had a lot of personal growth. I feel independent, confident and strong. This is the best I have felt in a LONG time. My college course has also given me a new lease of life and I feel unstoppable, so I am entering 2009 with bags of energy and vitality.

So what do I wish for 2009?

Firstly, I hope that my husband returns home safe, that is number one.
Secondly, I hope we get a good posting OR we get to stay where we are.
Thirdly, I hope to see much more of my friends and family that I didn't get to see much of in 2008
Fourthly, I hope to enrol on NVQ3 at South Downs College but that depends on my second wish!
Lastly, I hope my new-found confidence keeps growing and my marriage flourishes, and that my friends and family have a positive year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!

No comments: