Sunday 30 November 2008

Here Come The Girls












I am writing this with a bit of a hangover which can only mean one thing- I had a good night!
Finally, the WAGS got together for a night of wine (quite a lot of wine actually- lying on the cold lino floor at 4am amount of wine...), food and gossip. Sometimes you just need to get it all off your chest and these girls know better than anyone else what I am going through right now.
Menu was as follows:
Starter: A trio of mini starters- The 70's classic Prawn Cocktail, a quenelle of hot smoked salmon pate and filo wrapped king prawns with a sweet chili dip
Main: Beef Wellington with a Madiera sauce, roasted parsnips and carrots, and peas.
Dessert: Chocolate fondant with a Cornish ice-cream and orange crisp.
I have to say that the amount of wine consumed meant that my timings were a teeny bit off and the fondant was a bit more cakey than I would have liked but I wasn't worried, the conversation and company were the main event anyway.
In the morning, after everyone showered and had that oh-so vital morning cuppa, we headed out to Wickham and had lunch in the most gorgeous tea and coffee house called Lilly's. AMAZING hot roasted beef and horseradish sandwich on doorstop white, home-made Yorkshire pud on the side and REAL gravy. Divine!
All in all, a great weekend with the girls, an excellent opportunity to catch up, laugh and moan!
So Monday is upon us again and in a few hours time, once I have got some much needed sleep, I will be getting into my chef whites and getting prepped for a busy festive service. I am praying I get starters or desserts!
Anyway, off to Bedfordshire, my eyes are bloodshot and I am in danger of looking like Amy Winehouse if I don't get some sleep, in a BED! x



No comments: