Sunday 12 October 2008

Spiritualized 14/10/08



I can't remember the last gig I went to, shame on me. A few years ago I used to work just to buy tickets to gigs, amongst others I've seen the legendary James Brown, The Cinematic Orchestra, Biffy Clyro, Beastie Boys, Roisin Murphy, Jamie Cullum, Coldcut, Kid Koala, Blackalicious, Boom Bip etc etc You know what, I used to be pretty cool. My life was all about seeing live music, getting pretty wasted and having an amazing time. Those days seem like a far off distant memory but luckily I have a brother that has his finger on the pulse and he has bought me and him tickets to see Spiritualized in the Wedgewood Rooms on Tuesday. I really need a good night out, although i'll leave getting wasted to the Portsmouth Uni students on their fresher week. I have no clue what to wear and I'm sure I'll stand out amongst the crowd of skinny jean-wearing-sticks (hail the new Flare phase, skinnies are just not my friend, I have curves, like real women should). I'm just listening to their A&E album, it is amazing ( or AMMAAAAAZING, as said by all teenage girls), I recommend you all download the song Soul on Fire now. Do it. xxx

No comments: