Sunday 14 September 2008

Brunch and Hangovers




Hello all-

I am in recovery from a wine-filled evening, courtesy of my very generous father-in-law. I mentioned that we were going to be having visitors this weekend, and I said I was going to cook and let you know. Unfortunately, the hangovers of my twenties are not the walk-thru-the-park ones of my youth (ironically, a park was where I usually got drunk back in those days). I can't look at the computer screen for too long (bright colours!) , and while the brunt of my hangover was this morning I'm still suffering now-and likely not to fully recover until, mmmm, Tuesday probably.



So I will just say that I cooked a fantastic brunch consisting of blueberry pancakes and maple syrup, oeufs en cocette pascal, bacon curls, crispy potatoes, grilled tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, and strawberry and banana smoothie, along with the essentials: coffee, tea, toast and Sunday papers.



On Saturday night I slipped into a little green number, pale gold heels with gorgeous bows and a sequin clutch, and tootled down to Emsworth to eat at 36 on the Quay-a local Michelin star restaurant that is worth every single penny. http://www.36onthequay.co.uk/ We all had an amazing meal-the flavours were so concentrated and fresh and the service was very professional without being pretentious or over-bearing. I will post exactly what I had but for now I must rest my weary head, just wanted to check in and say my weekend was great, and hopefully yours was too. Oh yeah, and I'm starting college tomorrow-Pastry, 11.00am with my tutor, Karen Hinks. Nervous and excited but actually mostly just hungover :s

No comments: