Monday 1 September 2008

Back to School

Enrollment Day!

I have my examinations results slip (not the certificates, I left school 10 years ago and they were probably burnt in embarrassment, I've forgotten the real results as I've lied about them so many times on application forms, so they're a rough guess. Ironically i DO remember getting a U for Home Ec), my passport-sized pictures (which look more like a criminal reconstruction of my face rather than a photo) my (gulp) £200 instalment for tuition fees. So I am all ready to fully enrol on the course. The process should take about 2 hours apparently but I've done this before and I'm betting on 3-4 hours. I wonder if my chef whites will be there. I'm also feeling really popular as I've had lots of good-luck messages, I'm feeling very loved :)

Food-wise I am making a conscientious effort to eat healthily this week. I was in France two weeks ago celebrating one year of marital bliss and the French carb-crazy diet has taken its toll. I am a food loving girl so you know, I can gain weight easily if I'm not careful and I naturally tend to gravitate towards the 'Fat Means Flavour' school of thinking. I'm really not into salads so this week I will be mainly eating soup: perfect because they are filling, comforting,and most of all, there are 1000's of possibilities. I never, ever diet (well, not anymore, the 7 day juice diet nearly killed me) , I just exercise some restraint and put some effort into going to the gym; I also know I can eat delicious food without it being laden with fat. So back to the soup, the first one I'm gonna try is Smoked Aubergine soup with Harissa and Orange which I've found in the Cook Yourself Thin cookbook (ISBN 978-0-718-15351-9).

It seems to be quick and full of flavours so I will try it and let you know. For now I gotta get ready,

Adele x

No comments: