Friday 12 September 2008

Film Reccomendation


As a member of Lovefilm.com I get to watch my fair share of films. As a result, I also get to see some really truly terrible films, some mediocre ones and some that I may have bypassed entirely if not for the websites reccomendations, they can turn out to be little gems. In Bruges, would have been one of the films I would normally bypass: it has guns, it looks like a boys film and it has Colin Farrell in it (seen Phone Booth? yeah, you know what I'm talking about). If it had not been my husband having a say in the matter this beauty of a film would have slipped right by. I loved it, it was original and despite the subject matter, very funny in places. Colin Farrell turned out a stellar performance, he has a great rapport with Brendon Gleeson. It reminded me a little of Sexy Beast, perhaps Ralph Fiennes was inspried by Ben Kingsley's performance for this one. It is a violent film but not at all gratutious, I was laughing out loud at some of the scenes and I can imagine this will beat Guy Richie's mockney gangster flick, Rocknrolla, hands down.

No comments: